Apple chose its favorite apps and games of 2019 on December 2nd at NYC in a special event on New York partly due to the debut of Apple Arcade and Apple TV Plus. The best apps, games, podcasts and even big trends are showed on 'App Store's Best of 2019' – a new celebratory showcase launched by the Cupertino based firm. At the event, App Store editorial team features its favorites for each platform from iPhone and iPad to Mac and Apple TV.
Let’s take a look at Apple’s favorite:
- iPhone App of the Year: Spectre Camera (Lux Optics)
- iPad App of the Year: Flow by Moleskine (Moleskine)
- Mac App of the Year: Affinity Publisher (Serif Labs)
- Apple TV App of the Year: The Explorers (The Explorers Network)
- App Trend of 2019: Storytelling Simplified
Apple elect 'app trend' based on a series of apps – anything that can help you tell your story: Anchor (Anchor FM), Unfold (Unfold Creative), Steller (Expedition Travel Advisor), Over (Over, Inc) and Wattpad (Wattpad Corp).
The next category from Apple's Best Games of 2019 supported with Apple TV and the portable iPhone.
- iPhone Game of the Year: Sky: Children of the Light (thatgamecompany)
- iPad Game of the Year: Hyper Light Drifter (Abylight S.L.)
- Mac Game of the Year: GRIS (Devolver / Nomada Studio)
- Apple's TV Game of the Year: Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap (DotEmu)
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Sayonara Wild Hearts”(Simogo)
- Game Trend of 2019: Blockbusters Reimagined
And Trends of 2019 such as “Mario Kart Tour” (Nintendo), “Minecraft Earth” (Mojang), “Pokémon Masters” (DeNA Co), “Assassin’s Creed Rebellion” (Ubisoft), “Gears POP!” (Microsoft Corporation), “The Elder Scrolls: Blades” (Bethesda) and “Call of Duty: Mobile” (Activision Publishing).
and finally added the best podcasts are:
- Best True Crime Show - White Lies
- Best Fiction Show - Carrier
- Best History Show – 1619
The Apple team redesigned the app store with iOS 12 which is really impressive but could have added a bit more simple-to-read lists.