Android is one of the most popular operating systems in the world, offered by Google. Microsoft has finally released to manage Android smartphone notification on Windows 10 PCs. You can see message notifications and reply directly from your computer.
Here are the steps to get started:
First of all, you have to download the latest version of ‘Your Phone’ app.
- Go to microsoft office store and type "Your Phone" in the search tab
- If the app is not installed, install it.
- Click on the three-dot button to right next to the ‘Launch’ option, and if it shows ‘Update’, update it.
Connecting to your computer:
- Open Your Phone app in the computer
- Click on the Android box > ‘Get Started’.
- Enter and Verify your phone number in the prompt.
On your Android smartphone:
- Download the Your Phone Companion app from either the Microsoft text link received on your smartphone or from Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your Microsoft ID (choose the same ID chosen on your computer)
- Allow all the permission the app requires.
- Tap on the "My PC is ready" option if the Your Phone app prompt to set up your PC
- Tap the “Allow” option to activate the connection.
- Open Settings on your smartphone and search "Notification Access" and enable the option
- Search the Your Phone Companion app on your list and activate it (toggle)
- Tap “Allow” option to confirm
- Go back on Your Phone App (PC) and enable notification tab on the left side of the screen, if you didn’t see it, close the app and reopen it.
- Click “Get Started” > "Open settings for me"
Now you will be able to get smartphone notification automatically on your desktop. You can reply to text messages with the ‘Reply’ option, as of now. This will be supported by all apps in the near. Just open the Your Phone app on your desktop to check pending notifications and messages. There is an option "Customize" command in the Notification Tab that will allow you to mute notifications for unwanted apps